View Single Post
Old 2012-05-21, 06:50   Link #81
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Or maybe they could pull a "you've been so pitifully in love with me, I suppose I have no other choice but to humor you" stint but that would also come off as forced and unnatural, and it would make me feel the show is trying to offend me. (And frankly, I don't think that any of these solutions would please anyone outside of exta hardcore shippers and/or Zessica fans.) Or I suppose they could go the "I've been in love with you all along" route which would be, well, yeah. Ridiculous wouldn't even start to describe it.
Well, if you're going to put it that way, then the same goes for Mikono and Amata. As has been pointed out, their romance is written in a way that makes it look VERY forced and in a way that's trying to offend any intelligent viewer.
Mikono has pretty much zero commitment and is only shown "interested" (read: superficially jelly)
a) at first, because they were similarly useless
and when that changed
b) because someone else had their face in his crotch.
Not a single scene comes to mind where she was shown to care for Amata the person as opposed to Amata who she wants him to be. Hence why viewers observe that her commitment to Amata seems "weak" compared to Zessica.
I'll take it a step further, Amata is equally just running after what he wants Mikono to be- arguably an image of the mother who abandoned him.
Up until now he's been like some dog who tries to please his master, who happens to be impossible to please.
Now he's trying to find her because he believes her to be calling for him, when in reality she isn't thinking about him for five seconds and is peachy, sitting around a fire with Fudo. So as far as the famous "sensing when the lover needs you" goes, he fails at that too.

So yeah... AmataxMikono is JUST as ridiculous, especially with that inexplicable focus on Zessica and her feelings for the last 10 or so episodes.
To be clear, I'm not arguing for either pairing- I'd support the one that was executed most believably- and that is none, as far as the main characters go.

That said, both had some cute scenes. Not denying that. But while there was plenty from Amata towards Mikono, there wasn't really much from Mikono. So there... ._.