View Single Post
Old 2013-03-28, 17:47   Link #214
Mazryonh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Your "thought" is one of ignorance. Only 50% of Germans can be considered "blond", with the other half being half brown and half black. Furthermore, south of the Weißwurstäquator Germans tend to have the "Alpine" characteristics as opposed to the "Nordic" characteristics of the Germans north of the Weißwurstäquator.
Okay, I haven't been to Germany itself. What do you mean by "Alpine" and Weißwurstäquator then?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alastor Mobius Toth View Post
It depends on personal perceptions; I don't see it at all as "East-Asian Black". Black hair is black, and it's hard to say how it would really look like; Gretel has almost exact hair color for example, and she's 100% ethnic German.
Oops, forgot about Gretel. Then again, she's certainly not as visually striking as many Carnelian characters.

Quote:
I'm not so sure. Muv-Luv shows that humans will always be the enemy of other humans, and historically, West-East German relationship were *really* bad. To put it into perspective, until late 70s/early 80s RFA did not consider DDR as sovereign country. It was called "The so-called Eastern Germany" and "Undemocratic Ungerman Dictatorship" among others.
At least that's realistic. The propaganda war between the two Germanies was pretty fierce in the day.

Quote:
Besides, to me Carnelian-sama is trying to channel "cool foreign beauty"...but you're already in a story where everyone is a cool foreign beauty. So, Japanese style ho!
Yeah, the Japanese have some strange ideas about people outside of Japan at times. But I think you mean "every female character" in this series is a "cool foreign beauty."

Quote:
And it's not like Schwarzemarken is wholly realistic about those things. I mean, silver hair is not a legitimate hair color for Polish women unless they dye it, for example.
There is premature greying in real life, and albinism which causes your hair to be white no matter your age, but Sylwia doesn't look like the latter. Oh well, I think her hair is just visual shorthand for someone who's been through a great trauma and isn't living life in the full sense of the phrase.

Quote:
You'd be surprised; West German television and radio could have been picked up by commercially-available radios and TVs in East Germany. Jamming it wasn't an option, because that would jam broadcasts in West Germany. The only region where you couldn't pick up those broadcasts was Dresden.
I'm surprised the Communist authorities didn't take the route of making only wired TV and audio transmissions legal (so they could control the flow of news better), while making antenna-using TVs and Radios illegal. Still, twintails and hairbows doesn't look very professional to me anyway, and if the series were more realistic they'd all be wearing pilot helmets.

Any chance we'll get more scans from the Schwarzesmarken TSFIA from you soon?
Mazryonh is offline   Reply With Quote