View Single Post
Old 2014-01-15, 19:29   Link #33833
Leafsnail

Ok, I think I have an answer to a question we've been throwing around for a while: if the ep7 tea party is largely true, why does Kyrie go on a rampage? Why doesn't she just stop after the gold room?

My answer is simple: if she didn't kill off everyone/almost everyone there's no way she'd be able to keep the gold, and there'd also be a fair chance that she'd get charged with the murders in the gold room.

This theory does assume Kyrie has some knowledge of the mystery plot, but I don't think that's too implausible (perhaps she herself was an accomplice, or she got talking to Yasu after Eva passed out - that seems plausible to me considering Kyrie would probably be curious about Yasu's motive).

Let's start from the gold room.

Krauss and Natsuhi are dead.

What could be done now? Rosa's suggestion was probably not a possibility. It would require Eva to effectively sacrifice herself, which isn't something she'd ever do. There didn't seem to be any way to convince Rosa - with her alive, they'd all go down for the murders of Krauss and Natsuhi, and not get to keep any of their Nazi gold or money due to the investigation.

Therefore Rosa had to die.

What about Eva's suggestion? It had major problems - what if other people knew about the bomb and the gold? Couldn't they testify and reveal the truth behind the incident? Could Eva really be trusted not to try and eliminate the witnesses to her crime, anyway? Eva could easily be looking for an opportunity to off Kyrie and Rudolf herself. And of course there'd be no way to take out Eva without bringing down Hideyoshi too.

Therefore Eva and Hideyoshi had to die.

Why couldn't she just wait for the bomb to go off? Because almost everyone above ground either knows about the plot or could know about the plot. Let's start with the servants and Nanjo. We know from Our Confession that Yasu probably bribed/ threatened them well in advance. That means they'd all probably know about the gold, and the bomb, and the game, and would realize something was up if Beatrice went missing. They could even know the escape route. If any of them survived the incident, they would be able to talk about the cash card, meaning that Kyrie would have no hope of smuggling it off the island and using it. Furthermore, they may even be able to talk about the fact that 8 people went down to the gold chamber and only Kyrie and Rudolf emerged, as well as the nature of the bomb. All four of them simply knew too much.

Therefore Genji, Kumasawa, Gohda and Nanjo had to die.

That leaves the cousins. George, Jessica and Maria all had a pretty close relationship to one of Yasu's personalities. Is it that inconceivable they could be in on the plot too? If they knew about the bomb, the cash card or the escape route that would completely ruin Kyrie's plan. In fact, even if they knew nothing at all there would still be the problem of trying to commit 4 above-ground murders without any of them noticing, and also convincing them that their parents had all mysteriously disappeared and now there's a bomb about to go off, no it's nothing to do with me, honest. Letting the three of them live would be a huge risk.

Therefore George, Jessica and Maria had to die.

That leaves Battler. It was pretty obvious he didn't know shit, but it would be essentially impossible to murder seven people above-ground without him getting suspicious. His testimony could probably get Kyrie charged with murder.

Therefore, Battler had to... "die"...

But Kyrie couldn't kill her own son. So she took a slightly different tack - she handed him over to his crazy ex-girlfriend so they could sail off into the sunset. I think Kyrie ultimately felt some sympathy regarding Yasu's love problems. Just make sure you never let him out of your sight, eh, Yasu? Or indeed your house.

(I'll point to episodes 2 and 6 as times where Battler was unwillingly put in a highly controlling relationship, possibly hinting towards his intended fate)

Therefore Beatrice could die too. And thus the Rokkenjima incident is completed.
Leafsnail is offline   Reply With Quote