View Single Post
Old 2010-12-19, 14:46   Link #5756
Sonozaki Futagotachi
Translation Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanketsu View Post
First of all, big thanks to Witch Hunt for their work ^^

Anyway, I have one minor problem here. If I drag the window from my Macbook screen to external secondary monitor, pushing Cmd-F will always make the window going full screen on the primary screen, not secondary.

The workaround so far is setting the external monitor to be the primary one, or close the Mac's lid and put it on clamshell mode. However, doing either one of those sometime makes those many other opened windows change position (due to different resolution of the two screens, 1440x900 vs 1920x1080) so I have to close them all if I don't want to "recalibrate" their position & size.. and re-open them after the Umineko session ^^;

So I wonder, is there a more direct way to playing the game full screen on 2nd monitor?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Message View Post
I've forwarded your report to UncleMion, who maintains the ONScripter-En engine. She'll probably reply here soon-ish.
Thanks for letting me know about this. Unfortunately, the issue with fullscreen on multiple monitors is a limitation of the SDL library, so it'd require some major changes to fix it.

However, what you can do is run the game windowed with a larger width: if kanketsu creates (or edits) an "ons.cfg" file in the same directory as the patch (where umineko7.exe lives), and adds the following line to it:
Code:
window-width=1280
Then the game window will be larger if not quite fullscreen, and you can drag it to whichever monitor you choose.

Hope this helps your Umineko experience

Uncle Mion
Sonozaki Futagotachi is offline   Reply With Quote