View Single Post
Old 2008-02-18, 11:07   Link #20018
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

As part of Prelude to Alpha, I present Last One Standing.

It is canon as regards to Alpha. Yes, that's who it yes. Yes, there's hot blood.

Spoiler for Last One Standing:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmiralTigerclaw View Post
Okay, before I hit The books again, so to speak. I need some data.

This concerns Regius. As the honcho in charge of ground forces... he was under the control of the brains. The brains had him covering up Jail's actions even though he was criminal and dangerous.
As far as what i've seen indicates, he and Jail were cooperating in a "allies of convinience" scheme, without him realising that the brains were backing Jail. Both of them were planning on betraying each other, but Jail moved a lot faster than Regius expected.

Quote:
How feasible would it be that Regius, knowing and hating Jail, would order small scale projects with the purpose of countering Jail's threat?
I know he was openly denying funding for equiping the ground forces against the gadget drones. Probably on orders.
Actually, from what Auris was thinking in the elavator, it was implied Einherjar sucked up all the fund from the ground forces. My understanding of it is that Regius diverted the funds to the Einherjar project and also didn't want to get the anti-Gadget Drone gear because it wasn't made by the ground forces.

Quote:
But as much as we can tell he really HATES Jail (especially because Jails Numba's killed his friend ZEST.), would it not be expected for someone of his rank to have something on the low down to pull out of his back pocket come Jail making a move? Knowing Jail is up to something.

The reason I put this out is because one way to wrap these little projects (Lawmaker and Crash's armor.) Together is that Regius had already figured Jail for a wild card, if not by the time Zest got killed, at least from then onwards. And needed his own pawns prepared, but they needed to seem trivial, under the radar of the floating brains and Jail.

Unfortunately, his projects would come too late since Jail made his move very quickly once he found what he wanted.
This would, on the face of it, appear feasible. However, IIRC, Regius is a diehard true believer in the traditional ways of operation. Furthermore, Einherjar was supposed to be his counter to Jail and the Numbers.

Quote:
Now, I know he had something in the works... Einherjar... but I haven't the freakin foggiest clue what it is... (Seems to be mentioned as a trump card, but seems to be destroyed before its even revealed.) so I'm off to look around.
Einherjar was a set of three giant cannon installations. each was really freakin' huge with 3 guns long enough to launch a plane off (...well, a V/STOL, at any rate), and they were dispersed. One was out in the desert, one was in a forest, and i can't remember where there third unit was placed. It was revealed but quickly destroyed by swarms of Gadget Drones and Numbers who overwhelmed the defenders. Basically, smaller-scale magical versions of Chandelier.

Also, to those who've commented on the OFM and Alpha and the Overview I put up; thanks for your support! It's good to know I'm being red.

Erio, will get to your PM soon. Chasing down some leads and talking to sources, as well as stress at work -_- Good time to PM me with questions is from Thursday 1200 GMT onwards to monday 0000 GMT.

I believe in miracles.

Last edited by Wild Goose; 2008-02-19 at 10:12.