View Single Post
Old 2007-12-21, 10:24   Link #72
Sirth
Command of the Revenants

Send a message via AIM to Sirth Send a message via MSN to Sirth
... Fine, you know what? Forget it. I can't possibly look dub-haters in the eyes anymore. Obviously I'm a lesser creature, because I appreciate my first language. I'm someone that probably delves more into Japanese culture than the rest of you, and despite some aspects, I still appreciate my own, including the damn language.

You see, THAT is the flak I give the sub-watching community. Because a good portion of them look DOWN on the R1 community. Judgmental til the end of days, making us lowly "English speakers" feel like criminals, and all our R1 DVDs with an English track illegal paraphernalia, and our fan subs the only way to watch it.

I tell you right now, I have seen Yuri and Bosch several times, and they are skilled. We are looking at a good dub, done at least by the same company that did Cowboy-freaking-Bebop, which people herald as BETTER than the original. So it WILL be good, or at least DECENT.

And no, don't bother with any "Oh, let me prove you wrong," because you're just trying to tell me I'm a moron because I, God forbid, watch my TV shows in English.
Sirth is offline   Reply With Quote