View Single Post
Old 2011-08-10, 07:39   Link #3821
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

With all the rage towards GSC, a package from a friend showed up today as some balm... quite an excellent timing, since it is a Snow Miku 2011 (as expected, airmail would beat the crap out of GSC shipping method, despite this small packet was sent on Friday).

Box and nendo alone: over here.

I must admit I wasn't expecting to have troubles while posing her, but it wasn't really a cake walk either: the hole in her back is not really deep, so that "arm" doesn't exactly hold her tight, which is truly a bother when you have to move her torso etc.

Probably a balance of karma, I guess my snow miku was one of the average quality among the mass production without any major defect (thankfully *sigh*):
-the PVC color of her body is a bit weird: it isn't obvious on the pictures, but her arms and area outside of her face on the faceplate are... well salmon/orangeish for some reason, especially her left arm with de 01
-Hachune hair part had its paint scuffed around the bottom left strand of hair (thank goodness it wasn't on the regular hair part)
-The paint finish isn't exactly smooth at some area

Frankly, if I were to compare with the Support version, Snow Miku is definitely no match to the latter in term of production quality. That said, the color pattern and her second faceplate are excellent (Blue and Silver are my favorite colors so...), although I think it doesn't exactly worth the price tag I've spent there... (initial 5.5K with 800 yens for the handling over there, and that's without the shipping JP => BE).

By the way: does anyone know how to tag an uploaded picture with their respective figurines shown on it, in mfc? Trying to tag this one with Support and Snow 2011, but to no avail (can't find an option for it... just signed in few days ago so).