View Single Post
Old 2012-08-29, 10:31   Link #4
VDZ

Ugh, Sakura River. Their first game, Fading Hearts Parallel (which they 'removed temporarily' to improve after really bad reception), has the honor of being the only game I've ever rated 1/10 on VNDB. It was truly so bad it was hilarious.

Fading Hearts improved on the horrid, horrid writing from Fading Hearts Parallel but as a result it just became bad without the hilarity factor, with a plot that was utterly ridiculous (I'm a Y2K bug survivor!!), character interaction that felt very forced, and choices being forced in at every possible point (rather than waiting for reasonable branching points).

Even the overly positive OELVN voters on VNDB (who don't seem to just use 7.0 as average, but as apparent bottom line for many) panned the three games:

Fading Hearts Parallel

Fading Hearts

Infinite Game Works

Their entire existence is a testament to the fact that commercial success is separate from product quality; just have nice graphics (they hire someone externally for that) and market it well, and people will buy it.

I wouldn't play this game even if I were paid for it, let alone pay for its production.
VDZ is offline   Reply With Quote