View Single Post
Old 2008-01-01, 21:42   Link #22
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Animation - 7
The character designs were improved from S1 and we didn't have those bizarre faces, however, the actual animation was still mediocre at best. Often the characters' movements seemed unnatural or they didn't seem alive.

Voice Actors - 10
I think the seiyuu did a wonderful job here and though some voices weren't really my cup of tea, I figure it's a matter of taste rather than bad acting. Cute Rena, Dark Rika and GAR Keichi were probably the more annoying voices. The Mion/Shion duo along with Ooishi and Tomitake were probably my favourites.

Script - 10
What can I say, one of the best plots ever. Some details I would have done differently, but as a whole it is so amazing on so many levels I just can't give it anything less than a 10.

Editing - 7
I wasn't a fan of the comedy bits as they simply failed to be entertaining most of the time. I don't see many complaints about it so I guess it worked for many, but I enjoyed the dark and serious atmosphere a lot more. Both the "horror" of S1 and the despair of S2 worked for me.

Emotional Involvement - 9
Another high point here. I could sympathise with both the villain and the good guys. It had many very emotional moments that struck home.