Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2009-09-07, 12:56   Link #3830
Shadow Kira01

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS View Post
Japanese government and private firms to tackle cell phone music piracy
Interesting idea, but how do you stop people who are not downloading from these music sites then? Also, what about music without the tags that get sent to the servers for checking? Let's say that I have a CD (100% legit) from which I want a music clip. It wouldn't have the tags, yes, or are we talking about changing software like iTunes for ripping CD's so that they add the tags automatically here?
I am not sure how the system works but it will most likely be implemented into the new mobile models, the ones with advanced technology as that most mobile phones don't have a very large storage capacity.

About your suggestion, I am thinking that it is most likely related to the ID tag of the song file which you can't really imitate without knowing the unique codes and numbers for each song, even though it is possible to perfect it but since it is a time-consuming process, people probably won't bother with it.

Perhaps, the method is the removal of the temp folder in a mobile phone that allows transfering files or to make the ringtone folder entirely non-accessible. Unless the mobile itself has awesome features, I doubt anybody would purchase one especially if its going to be expensive.