View Single Post
Old 2012-07-06, 04:55   Link #89
TehSanity
Lurker

I actually liked this episode quite a lot, and find it curious that it sparked a great deal of divided opinion among the fanbase.

As for Lu, you were shallow, but RIP nontheless. No child should ever deserve to die in reality or in fiction. Nor did she do anything wrong.
One thing for sure, Kio's experience on the Second Moon colony is going to leave him with a very human and pitiful impression of the Vagan, which is going to come into conflict with what Flit drilled into him before (Vagan are complete monsters, etc.).

Overall, I see a progression throughout the generations.
Flit was unfortunate to have his parents taken away by the Vagan, Yurin, and the pleasure of meeting the psychotic Desil which probably burned into him the impression that all Vagan are monsters.
Asemu once only knew about the Vagan's evils due to his father's influence. Until he met Zehart and he had the relevation that all Vagan might not be evil and psychotic like his father believes.
Kio also once shared to a degree Flit's view (from living with his grandpa) until of course, his experience living with the Vagan and meeting Lu.

The deal with Ezelcant... I initially expected another Crux Dogatie, but so far he seems to be a fair leader and only wishes the best for his people. With the limited resources available, most has to go to the war effort and little is left fo the civilians.
It would be nice for once, to have a very human villian with noble goals, but with perhaps the wrong methods. Then again, I doubt the Federation would be open for negotiation with a people that were supposed to not be alive and conveniently erased from existance.
However, I wouldn't be surprised at all if Ezelcant turned out to be a dictator who is manipulating his people and feeding them lies.

I love how some people have already concluded that we have another Jesus and his no kill policy. It is entirely possible and I wouldn't like that personally. However, please keep in mind that Asemu and his crew did not try to cause any casualties either. Asemu could have easily destroyed any of those Vagan mobile suits chasing him, yet he kicked the one he blinded instead. As for Kio, the AGE-3 is still in its battle-damaged state and it is likely that any weapons still intact would have been stripped for the Vagan Gundam. That leaves only melee attacks to drive off any pursurers.

About the nature of the rescue, some people have deduced already that most of the Vagan forces are in the Earth Sphere. That would mean Vagan itself would be sparesly defended and the only forces available would be inexperienced guards and pilots-in-training. Far from forces that would be a match for Super Pirate Asemu.
With the Bisidian ship being able to cloak, they could easily spent a great deal of time monitering the colony and planning the rescue. The series did not state yet how much time Kio was on Vagan, could easily be weeks or more. Hence, the flawless rescue.

With Kio's relevation of the Vagan, I wouldn't be surprised at all if the ending was some kind of white peace or comprimise between the two factions. The Vagan might be genuinely trying to fight for a better life against a regime that left them for dead. Keep in mind the true evil was and might be the Federation government that left the Vagans in such a state in the first place.
TehSanity is offline   Reply With Quote