View Single Post
Old 2012-10-25, 11:44   Link #109
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Triple_R has never said that if an anime has what he thinks is a good premise it means that the anime will be good,debating if there's premises better than others isn't the same thing as debating if an anime with a "good premise" will always turn out to be better than one with a "no so good premise".So Fractale is irrelevant to the discussion.
He and I were talking about the hype for bloggers about series with good premises, which my response was that such hype can backfire with fractale as a good example.

Quote:
Also I'm pretty sure Triple_R considers the fact Madoka is a deconstruction to be part of the premise,which I guess you can find debatable,maybe deconstruction is just a way to execute a premise.
I am still talking about the hype here before and at the beginning of it's airing date solely because of the premise, not about the actual deconstruction which can be analyzed afterwards. That's why it's called a premise.

Quote:
There's something that puzzles me with the issue of a rarer premise being a better premise,let me take an example: a highschool comedy with an all girl cast was basicly unheard of until Azumanga Daioh,so back in 2002 that would make it great but today since there's been a whole lot of other shows like this it wouldn't be a good premise?Even if it's the same one?I just have a hard time grasping that notion.
The charm of Azumanga never was the basic premise, but rather the comedy and characters. So for me the succes of that serie was made possible because of it's execution.
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote