View Single Post
Old 2012-07-07, 07:20   Link #1128
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
You pretty much answered your question. This basically cross branding or cross marketing. It happens when there is two or more beneficiaries and products.

*snip*
(+)

That's besides the point, the main point here (for marketing) is exposure. Who sees/read them doesn't matter, as long as they do watch/read them.
Who is being marketed to is important, because even if there is exposure, if it's not in the right place, you're not actually going to reach your target group.

To me, tourism-associated marketing is marketing primarily to anime fans. Twitter, online etc also involves marketing to particular types of audiences. Heck, any advertising involving anime images is going to be marketing to anime viewers - hard-core or casual. The question is: how to get the attention of the people who would normally simply dismiss an advertisement that uses an anime image?

Hence, one of my arguments is that, to appeal to a more general audience, they're going to need different strategies. That is, I think AnoHana used different marketing strategies from HanaIro, which is how it got to the more general audience that its producer was talking about after its run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
These two sort of related, basically the artist goes on music show and they'll drop the names of show here and there. Also when the PV was airing there'll be message that the song was used in this program as OP/ED.

*snip*
Er...as you pointed out, the song and PV used to market the show would have been the cover song that was actually used in the anime and its PV, not the originals from 10 years ago. I.e. it would have been the new artistes (the three seiyuu, in this case) that would have gone on music shows to name drop and talk about the anime. The significance of the original is simply that the familiar tune would have gotten its fans, the ones from 10 years ago, paying attention to the new artistes and the new cover.

----

Anyways, I agree that it's better that we both stop, though for different reasons. One of them is that I don't even know what you're trying to argue anymore; the other is that we're still not really in agreement on the product that is marketed or to whom it is being marketed; and whether that matters or not.

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

Last edited by karice67; 2012-07-07 at 09:15.
karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote