View Single Post
Old 2012-12-23, 20:27   Link #352
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by judasmartel View Post
In Japan, voice acting is SERIOUS FREAKING BUSINESS. Nowhere else in the world can you find Idol Singers who aspire to become seiyuu one day. It does help though that many Japanese seiyuu, especially females, were Idol Singers themselves before entering the industry.

The "serious" Japanese fans comprise only a small section of the fanbase, but they are the most vocal, so they tend to be considered the voice of the Japanese fandom, even if most of the fandom themselves would simply be happy for their favorite seiyuu.
I guess that's why on some videos I've seen of actors promoting their series the audience is screaming like they're at a Justin Bieber concert...

Quote:
It's not that the hardcore otaku want the seiyuus of their favorite characters to effectively make a vow of celibacy until they're well over 35 (no, just kidding, Christmas Cake age is actually 25). It's just that many seiyuus are better associated with their roles, after all. Just ask KugiRie or even Aya Hirano herself.

It's more like they want their seiyuus to become lesbians. Probably the best example is Hitomi Nabatame and her "wives". Sure, Shizuka Itou is already married, but the fans would just say it's just a cover for her lesbianism (many gay people actually marry the opposite sex to hide their sexual orientations from others).
That sounds like bad fanfiction...

Thanks for replying though. That's interesting....I wonder if the male seiyuu get the same treatment if they get married or have children? I saw that someone mentioned Miyano...I knew he got married awhile ago; did the fans give him shit about it?

I wonder how the fans would react if an actor/actress came out as gay, considering that it seems more conservative over in Japan than in the US/West?
GDiddy is offline   Reply With Quote