View Single Post
Old 2013-04-06, 10:12   Link #5617
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLGChaos View Post
I have no problems with him branching out the story. The problem is that the story used to revolve around the disciples, but that whole part of the manga has been severely overshadowed by Ryozanpaku vs Yami. If that story was just part of the background while the real focus was on Shinpaku vs Yomi, then I wouldn't have much of a problem with it. However, Yami has become the big bad and the main focus of the plot, with the master classes chewing up all the scenery. There's something wrong when a fight between two major bad guys (Akira and Jenezad) ends up being more important, fulfilling and longer than the fight between two of the main heroes (Kenichi and Miu).
When people like the masters are running around, it makes little sense to have them just sitting there. The disciples are still doing a good job in my book, in fact seeing the master class fights gets me excited for the day when the disciples get to that level. Many series branch out from it's origins and end up all the better for it. In this case, it helps with the world building.

Quote:
And with the power levels they present... I highly doubt Kenichi would ever get there. It'd take at least 2000 more chapters at the pace the manga is going for him to even reach beginning master class.

I just think Matsuena made a mistake focusing all the plot on an enemy the main character has absolutely no chance of ever facing. Not looking forward to a final showdown with Saiga or Ogata where Kenichi is just standing around watching again.
This makes no sense whatsoever. In a year, Kenichi has gone from being an average high school student, to a martial artist who can fight on par with guys like Ethan and Koukin, who are the cream of the crop of young martial artists, and have been doing this much, much longer than him. I wouldn't be surprised if Kenichi ends up being as good as Shigure when he's the same age she is now. If Matsuena wants us to see a fight like that, we can always have a timeskip to age 22 or something.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote