Thread: News Stories
View Single Post
Old 2010-01-24, 13:33   Link #5631
Ricky Controversy
Frandle & Nightbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Edit: The school administrators ought to lose their jobs for this, and the parents of these girls ought to lose custody. Stupid leftist handwringing has school officials too terrified to actually punish anyone for being moronic. I would never have behaved like this; my parents would have beat the holy hell out of me.
It is amazing how coddled some of these kids are, yes. Where I grew up if you pulled crap like that and got the media turning a negative eye on the neighborhood, you'd get taken by a mafioso walking home from school one day and the next time your parents saw you, you'd be in a bag and the news sure as hell wasn't going to talk about it.

Quote:
No discipline anymore, shit. I bet these girls probably never even got so much as a time-out when they did something wrong. And I bet their parents are denying the whole thing, "not my baby, never!" If I would have pulled a stunt like that, my parents would have drove my ass to juvie and told the cops to lock me up.
I think I'd place the blame on the parents mainly, myself. If a kid catches hell at school but their parents give them an out, then they generally take to ignoring the teacher's reprimands and feeling sure in themselves that they're beyond reproach. It all starts with the parents. Hell, just two weeks ago I was out for a jog and this Escalade rolls up alongside the sidewalk I was running on and this kid, maybe ten or so, sticks his head out the window, spits at me and yells something with his mother sitting right there, and she literally did not do a thing. I said "Hey, lady, you see what your kid's doing?" and she got all bent out of shape and told me not to talk trash about her child.

It's ridiculous.