View Single Post
Old 2012-07-21, 23:37   Link #146
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by hero147 View Post
Instead of Chronologically, I think they really should have done the short stories which aren't integral to understanding the story into OVA format released after the series had its run. Though, even though I'm not a LN reader, I think that route would resemble how SAO was written.
They've actually skipped as many side stories as they've adapted. And the two they have adapted are as integral to the overall story as Bamboo Leaf Rhapsody is to Haruhi Suzumiya. The first three episodes form a major character arc for Kirito as he shoulders more and more responsibility for himself -- to become a top line player and clear the game, to take the heat for the other beta testers, to protect Sachi and the Black Cats -- until he buckles under the weight of it all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Ep 3:

The word "Abrupt" would pretty much sum up this episode. I mean suddenly at the start he's with a bunch of strangers, he hangs with them, they die and he attempts to revive one of them who he barely spent time with to relieve his guilty conscience.
Enh. The chyrons established that he spent several months with them, and the one he wanted to resurrect was sleeping with him, even if it was non-sexual.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote