View Single Post
Old 2012-06-27, 04:06   Link #67
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Stop hyping this so much. I don't want to be disappointed!
I'm really trying not to hype it too much

Even went on the lookout for some negative feedback somewhere but I'm having a hard time finding any,of course it being a premiere the audience were already fans, so in some ways I guess the positive reaction is to be expected, he's pleased people that already liked his work,we'll have to wait and see if he's able to capture more people with this movie.

A couple of spoilerless trivia from the Q&A with Hosoda (japenese--->french----> english translation so hopefully nothing much got lost in translation):

-He first got the idea for the movie 3 years ago while he was still working on summer wars, he wanted to do a movie about bringing up children but felt that that alone wasn't enough,that's where the "wolf children" idea came in,he's fond of wolves and thinks they're missunderstood, often only portrayed as cunning and violent when in fact they can also be delicate and care about others.He thinks that in some ways they're close to humans.

-The country side you'll see in the movie is based upon the region Hosoda grew up in.They were looking over different regions to use and it was the first time he had been back there since he left highschool,he thought he knew the region well but by going back he discovered he didn't and working on the movie made him fall in love with the region all over again.

I'll go over the movie again in more detail,no major plot points (appart from 1 thing but it's in the synopsis),just a broad description of the movie and its themes but I'll put it under spoiler tags in case someone wants to go in completely blind

Spoiler for movie:

I'll finish with something I'm sure was evident to everyone but the visuals look great,there is some CG (notably the opening shot) but it's never intrusive.There's some great facial animation as well with some close ups that last a long time and it's up to the animators to express the character's emotion.

Can't wait to see it gain(but I'll have to!!).

Last edited by totoum; 2012-07-03 at 22:01.
totoum is offline   Reply With Quote