View Single Post
Old 2005-12-29, 18:21   Link #19
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShikaShika
I don't care, they might as well have skipped these fights if it was just going to be a meaningless display off shinigami power. From a storyline point of view you need to create some tension by making the bad guys look intimidating. Even if these guys were relatively low level, it still makes Aizen & Co look stupid. If only Grimjaw (I know it's not the official spelling) would take on all the remaining shinigami and win, then I might be a bit excited again.

I just feel that these fights were all meaningless... Why do we need to be introduced to such cannonfodder at all, what did they really add to the storyline? I feel like I've just been reading filler. Bleh.
You can also call Ichigo's low level fights at the beginning as fillers, do they actually have any effect on his power-up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles
It's because while Ichigo was more or less struggling with relatively weak Arankars (except for Grimjaw), all the other captains and vice-captains dealt with them relatively easily after the lifting of power restrictions.

I would think that Ichigo would have been easily able to dispose of several Arankars by himself if Hitsugaya and Ikkaku can.

I don't know.. I'm a bit confused as to Ichigo's situation in all this as well.
I believe those weak Arankars you mentioned were the two that appeared first right? I might be wrong, but weren't those also around Grimjaw's level?