Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-17, 13:21   Link #18995
tyranuus
Team Spice and Wolf UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris38 View Post
@tyranuus

Well, I agree with you that Tsukune hasn't brought up the full extent of his capabilities, during Tohou Fuhai's sparing session, but the reason for that, might because Ikeda didn't want Tsukune to learn the Jigen-tou - despite what was said in the previous chapter, and actually wanted to make Tsukune learn how to use youkai techniques instead...

At least that's one explanation that I could find, to explain why Tsukune didn't pull out the full extent of what he is currently capable of in chapter 39...
Could also be because he couldn't at that point in time. Whilst he is stronger and faster than any normal human, he's still not superhuman in his standard state. His higher power outbursts are usually in times of emotional high/desperation, and often accompanied by the surges of youkai which damage the lock.
Whilst the lock is still intact, holding back his power and he's still fully rational, it's quite possible that he wasn't physically able to up his youkai to the level needed to increase his speed and strength far enough. Touhai's old in his standard form, but he's still not human, no way near, and he has experience on his side.
To quote Marvel 'you wouldn't like me when I'm angry'.

After that reconstruction procedure, that may no longer be the case; as to use Ayashi arts it'd be a simple and logical progression to believe it'll up the flow of Youkai around his body, as well as any other side effects it may garner to his physical body in the process.

Either way the story is picking up pace; there's plenty of potential for development and plot progression now so I'm happy
Reading: None at the moment
tyranuus is offline   Reply With Quote