View Single Post
Old 2012-10-29, 15:53   Link #31032
UsagiTenpura
Artist

Well prime remains a fiction anyway. If someone tried to make me believe a murder spree such as the ones in Umineko including the letters and fake murders and all even without Shkanon I'd have quite a hard time believing any of it.

Still I guess I was overall trying to make two points.
1) There are other things like Shkanon, even if we dislike them, I don't think we should've been surprised or discarded it considering everything else.
2) Shkanon has one big advantage next to most other things that were hidden : nobody is specifically looking into it or has any reasons to. Compared to Kinzo's status or the gold, especially if as you say most of the time Kanon existed the sibblings have been thinking about Kinzo's life/death status, I don't think it's such a stretch to accept it.
If as you and others say and I tend to think as well, Shkanon is a thing only existing in the fictions (like probably many others) and was there to make a point, I think the people on Rokkenjima has the same chances we'd have if we were given only a single arc and no second reading.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renall View Post
There's also what Wanderer points out about the meta-evolution of the romances. In Turn the romance is just barely starting. In Dawn Jessica's really into him. Those are the same two days. There must be some degree of embellishment or uncertainty one direction or the other. Such evolution of the relationship is impossible except as a meta-construct unless that's the case.
Well that these events happens on the same two days doesn't mean that they were written in the same two days or that they allude to prime events that really happened in these two days.
UsagiTenpura is offline   Reply With Quote