View Single Post
Old 2012-10-29, 16:37   Link #31033
Kealym

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
I guess that's sorta it tho, yeah it didn't seem to make much sense, but really what did we know after reading arc 1 + arc 2's intro, at that very point?
I'm not sure how too put it, but crazy stuff can get explanations later on, like many did in Higurashi (tho the sense they made is actually debatable I guess).
That's true, but ... those explanation NEVER came, later. The story ended. As of the end of Turn's opening, I knew "the idea that Kanon is just an imaginary friend is kind of too wonky to work".

Quote:
Originally Posted by UsagiTenpura View Post
Going further into that debate tho. What's so crazy about Shkanon, in the light of everything else?
Well, without specifically replying to each point you mentioned, those are all just ... things my suspension of disbelief can withstand. Shkanon's day-to-day life, based solely on what's actually in the text, is something it cannot, when I think about it for anything more than a couple moments?

About your Jessica thing, well ... I disagree, but I respect it as a pretty valid interpretation. I'd say it's a little wonky because I think the stuff with the couples was supposed to take place in 1985? I'm not sure, and don't feel like arguing enough to check.

About the other thing, though, and this is just my personal experience, but calling someone you grew up with (especially if they were raised in the same household) your "brother" or "sister" or "cousin" is really common, as far as I've seen. If it had been an unstated thing, I might think "perhaps those two are related?", but we're specifically told "No no no, they're not related at all."

Such a matter is touched on, very slightly, in End, when Battler suggests that the "Rosa" who went to bed in the guesthouse was someone else in disguise, but Dlanor insists clues would have been shown. Honestly, if it had been pushed, I think we would've gotten special Shkanon logic about how neither of them was actually disguised as anyone other than themselves, just like how they're sometimes dead, and sometimes dead ... -ish.
Kealym is offline   Reply With Quote