View Single Post
Old 2003-12-23, 17:50   Link #4
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maktos
What is the best way to get the word out on this? It sure took a bit of work to put together... Download.com charges you now a minimum of $70 - even if you're contributing a freeware screensaver! I can't believe what turn the Internet has taken.

Matthew
Assuming that this isn't actually a trojan I'd suggest that you submit it to www.nonags.com. They have a huge collection of freeware. I don't know if they charge anything to put you on their site, but since it is freeware only, I doubt it.

In case other people haven't heard of No Nags, here is a quote from their website explaining what they do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by www.NoNags.com
Tired of software that doesn't work? Tired of installing software that was nothing more than a sales pitch for some overpriced utility? Did someone ask you to pay more than you paid for your operating system for a utility that took 10 minutes to produce and could be substituted with a three line batch file?

Tired of removing demos and crippled programs that never really un-installed completely and left your your hard disks with dozens of unneeded files?

Did someone tell you to download free software and after you downloaded and installed you found it doesn't work unless you paid $100?

At NONAGS we try to sift through all this, we do the work of selecting what really works, what's really free, what really is worth your time and effort. So we have put together a large collection of 32-bit Windows software that has no disabled features, nags, time limits, or any other tricks.

We download, virus scan, install, test, rate and list... You just enjoy the programs.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote