Thread: Licensed Saki manga
View Single Post
Old 2014-06-24, 14:36   Link #5061
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Finally we are onto something. Another 7 years and we ll probably get to the meat of Saki and Teru's estrangement. Wonder if Ritz is going to put the competition on hold for a bit to focus on Teru's background for the next few chapter. Either way, I'm looking forward to Usuzan last 2, the first 3 players have been fodder so far to build up expectation for their aces. Though i kinda feel bad for Yuan being toyed around so much by all the other players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Forgot to ask, I wish someone can tell to me more about what is Matano's Rinkai Shoe-in and Takami's Sangenpai?

P.S. This very conversation also acts like a foreshadowing that Takami will be facing Choe in the near future meaning that Rinkai made it through the semi but of course, one can't rule out the possibility that Ritz could be trolling us readers yet again.
The sangenpai comment is probably to avoid having South wind stuck with Choe. If Takami is going to seed for a yakuman, it's probably easier to do daisangen instead of shoushuushii (3 wind triplet + 1 wind pair) since it's unlikely for her to have South wind from her starting hand to discard first to build her final hand with Choe's power in play.

I don't think you can draw any hints for the finals with that little segment since other than Kiyosumi, none of the other schools have any plot armor but i think Himematsu might have gotten a death flag with their mentor showing up and most of their characters' background story told.