View Single Post
Old 2007-05-06, 22:58   Link #46
BatAttack
Gaou!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darco_emp View Post
btw I hate shapeshifting since it does not obey proper physics
That's why its called magic..
I'm really not sure why everyone keeps trying to marry magic with physics..
It's been said before, but if it followed physical laws, it wouldn't be magic.

The Lieze twins were using illusion/disguise magic, which was disrupted by Chrono's bind - I recall he said it is a specifc type of bind that causes the trapped target to return to their true form? Or breaks any enchantments they have on them?

So if the Lieze twins were using an active or passive spell, it was disrupted.

Yuuno however seems to have two seperate forms, both of which can be considered his 'true' forms. I guess switching from one to the other requires almost no magic, or perhaps that only works downwards, from human form to ferret form, since one is a low-magic-cost form.

Linker Cores might emit magical energy - any magic they emit inside an AMF is probably disrupted/dissolved as per the usual AMF effect, but the generator itself seems unaffected. So Linker Cores are not in any danger while inside an AMF, they just can't produce any focussed magical output..

I'm not really not comfortable with the idea of nanomachines for the BJ.
That just makes me have bad Mai-Otome flashbacks.

When the BJs form, the effect looks more like the magically constructed matter effect that someone else described.. pure, patterned magical energy of some sort instantly forms into what appears to be fabric. Nanomachines would have a visibly granular appearance to their formation (as in, say, Cutey Honey ), as trillions of molecular level machines moved into position.

Also, the protection of BJs is clearly more than their fabric - characters have exposed faces yet survive full beam and explosion exposure. BJs are not just worn armour, in the physical sense. They probably emit fields of their own.
The way the protect from 'crushing' damage is possibly similar to Yuuno's magical mattress from ep4 season1.