View Single Post
Old 2004-06-25, 13:35   Link #6
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

ooh, this is easy

1. Cowboy Bebop- let me preface this with the fact that I've only seen Bebop on CN. If it is loads better uncut, let me know. I just don't see the attraction though. It is terribly episodic- I like anime for the very reason that it typically ISN'T episodic. And the episode themselves didn't seem to be compelling. The opening by Yoko Kanno is pretty cool though.

2. Trigun- I just don't understand why this one is rated so highly- seems relatively straightforward/cliche

3. Dragonballz- Ok, so I enjoyed Dragonballz as a gateway anime. However, it pisses me off when I go to the store and see 50 kazillion dvd's of Dragonballz and few enough of everything else. It simply receives too much attention in the U.S. when there is (now) much better stuff out there.

4. One Piece- I've watched up to episode 43 of One Piece and I'm starting (heh) to see a pattern. Go to new place, meet new characters, flashback, cry, fight, repeat. Naruto does something similar, but it seems to be a much staler routine in One Piece. Things seem to happen in exactly the same order every time. I like most of the main characters, but most all of the side characters are just freaking annoying.

5. well, I'll stop at 4. Don't hate me Trinity, I'm just the messenger.