View Single Post
Old 2012-07-02, 10:30   Link #1795
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
I do think the scenario that you've painted here is probably more or less accurate. On the other hand, I actually still wouldn't go so far yet as to say that Teru is a normal girl, or that she isn't a monster.
I don't mean that Teru isn't a monster at mahjong. Of course she is. She's monstrously good at it.

My point was more of a rhetorical, somewhat punny one, that perhaps was a bit too colorful for its own good.

By "You'd think by Saki's level of trepidation that Teru is a monster away from the mahjong table as well as at it." what I meant was "You'd think by Saki's level of trepidation that Teru is a really harsh/nasty person."

But I don't get the impression that Teru is a really nasty person. She has a somewhat reserved personality, but she doesn't seem uncaring or so arrogant that she sees everybody else as unworthy of her concern. For all the Teru/Gilgamesh comparisons that have been made (and I've made a lot of them myself, of course), her personality appears very different from his, even while her monstrous power is comparable to Gilgamesh's (albeit in very different fields of battle of course).

Basically, I think that Teru might be a normal person when it comes to her degree of caring/concern for other people. She's not a normal girl in general, though. She has an air to her that goes beyond normalcy, of course.