View Single Post
Old 2012-08-07, 09:18   Link #4
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adigard View Post
Think the discussion came up somewhere in these threads, and the answer was something along the lines of "pretty damn bloody unlikely".
If you have a way of tracking who did it and why they could be charged, as they were all aware that death in this game means game over outside too. I do at least see no problem with causality, it would only be possible if you can track who and why though since justified self defense does allow the attacker's death.
As said there is no problem with the causality part: If X wouldn't have PKed Y, Y would not have died - > Sine qua non causality fulfilled.

So yes legally charging them could be possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraalso View Post
Murder charges would be pretty unlikely, but the Government could always lock all the Pkers in a mental institution for the rest of their lives.
Preventive measures can't be applied like you think.

Punishment is measured on guilt, preventive measures on danger comming from said person. (Just a short version though)
You have no proof that they'd do the same in the real world so institutions are imho very unlikely.

Prision however is another story. I do no have an idea how they would handle deaths resulting from negligence.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote