View Single Post
Old 2012-11-14, 16:27   Link #3260
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
As for the planet sized roadblock, I do not see such thing, just a hurdle that modern technology at the current speed of innovation will tackle in the near future, what I would call a planet sized roadblock is i.e. the speed of light limit which no matter if we invent antimatter reactors would block any possibility to visit but the closest of star systems.
I think it's worth noting that in highly specialized fields of science and engineering, it would take a sufficient level of knowledge on the subject matter to truly appreciate the challenges and difficulties that lies therein. Much like someone unfamiliar with engineering would not be able to see the complexities involved in constructing a modern high performance jet engine, I doubt most of us can really appreciate how daunting a task interpreting the interwoven mechanics of DNA either.

It's interesting though, how you believe that mankind will obtain full mastery over the foundation of life itself in the near future based on optimism, yet at the same time readily dismisses the possibility of interstellar travel for eternity despite both fields of science are really still in their infancy.