View Single Post
Old 2011-05-29, 22:58   Link #125
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

It's way too early to work out shipping odds. Though I have much appreciation for the dynamic between Tooru and Ohana, it's actually quite difficult to tell where the direction is leading until it's revealed what roles the rest of the major players (Minko, Ko especially) will be playing.

Especially Minko - this segment is the vaguest of all in that it's not clear exactly how the series intend on handling Minko's "love" for Tohru - is this a simple side shoujo story about a girl who simply longs for the man who opened up the gateway to her dreams? Or, on the other hand, are her feelings actually setting her back in regards to her character, where she pretty much worships the ground Tooru walks on, and submissively takes in whatever he dishes out? It depends on what angle the story wants to approach this from.

Same with Ko and Ohana - the story is still developing its foundation so predicting and crying about shipping odds when we could barely see anything there is a bit premature if you ask me. Once it's all laid out in the next few episodes, I'll be tossing in my bets.

(Still, I'll hand it to the series - I squeed like a squeeing thing when Tooru showed up.)

Last edited by Pellissier; 2011-05-30 at 11:01. Reason: removed off topic portion.