View Single Post
Old 2012-03-27, 22:35   Link #126
miketyson

Yeah, and honestly as cute as I find Amata and Mikono the almost-confession in episode 13 had this "TOO SOON MAN, TOO SOON" feeling to it. I sketched at least one really easy way to put a rift between them a few pages back by now, basically having the one-two punch of Mikono defending Kagura ("he's confused but not evil") and Zessica talking to Amata about her visions, but there're enough other ways to monkey-wrench it I could see it turning out all kinds of ways now.

One thing that's been tickling the back of my brain for awhile is that Mikono seems like she has some kind of latent death wish. I wish I could point to something concrete but it's just a hunch. I'm not seeing it as a typical, "real-world suicide"-style death wish, but more of an existential fatigue (like being tired of being reincarnated over and over, or something along those lines).

Something about how she reacted to Kagura this week really brought this out of my subconscious, but now that I've typed it up I can actually see it dovetailing nicely with a lot of what we're seeing and the general thematic direction we *seem* to be going in. Maybe there's something to it?