Thread: Headphones..
View Single Post
Old 2011-02-24, 11:04   Link #26
tehmuffinmon
Seleção

I'm pretty sure it's natural to crank up speakers/headphones when they sound better louder. Contrary to what some people think, I believe my hearing has improved as a result. :P

My parents do everything quietly, haha. Watch TV, listen to music, talk, etc. As an aspiring composer I find that having the volume up when recording is definitely a plus, especially with higher grade equipment.

Subtleties in sounds become more apparent and overall instrumentation becomes richer and easier to work with when you can clearly hear everything and become immersed within what you're doing. I can't tell you how many times I've been scared by someone coming into my basement when I'm recording.

The MDR-XB500s are great at noise cancellation, though not so great with keeping sound within the headphones. I wouldn't listen to them in public for example, simply because I'm sure that I would annoy people around me because the music leaks right out of the headphones.

They're the most comfortable pair I've ever owned, although they can get a bit warm with extended use, but that's not a huge deal. One thing I will mention (really more of a personal gripe) is that they don't seem all that friendly with longer, straight hair. It's not a huge deal, but I've found that after using the headphones, it messes up my hair around the ears in weird ways.

This is not a dealbreaker by any means, just saying. It could just be me, but it sort of "pushes" my hair in towards my ears. I don't really know how to describe it, haha. *shrugs*
tehmuffinmon is offline   Reply With Quote