Thread: Licensed + Crunchyroll Space Battleship Yamato 2199 (movie & TV)
View Single Post
Old 2013-04-23, 18:22   Link #2099
Beltane70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Something I always wondered about Robotech. How many people were into the later arcs or were they all sold on the just first (Macross) arc? I've seen that arc and remember only the first few episodes of the second arc. I know I saw some of the others, but can't remember any of it (I know I did because I found an old VHS tape with one episode of the second arc and part of an episode of Battle of the Planets.)
I enjoyed all three arcs of Robotech, with Macross being my favorite of the three. I liked the other two arc enough that I tracked down and watched the Japanese versions of them. Eventually, the other two arcs, Super Dimension Cavalry Southern Cross and Genesis Climber Mospeada got subtitled R1 DVD releases, which I also own.

Robotech wasn't even that heavily edited and character deaths were never covered up. Except for some of the more violent scenes most of the show was relatively intact.

The heaviest edits were to the second arc. Since Robotech was supposed to take place entirely on Earth or near it, Southern Cross had to be changed since, in the original Japanese version, the show took place on a totally different planet, several light-years away.
Beltane70 is offline   Reply With Quote