View Single Post
Old 2009-05-31, 23:33   Link #131
cloner4000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artilleryimbecile View Post
Hear hear.

As a new intruder into this thread, I'm going to go ahead and first say that I don't own this game, much less a PS3.

That didn't stop me from being incredibly impressed with the presentation of this story, Valkyria Chronicles, and soon I had wasted an entire week going through EmoPrinny's playthrough. Yeah, yeah, I skipped past all the tedious combat, but I got all the story telling. And what storytelling. While the plot is rehashed, the characters are refreshing and the interactions full.

Except for one. Guess, go on, I'll wait...

Isara's death by Newberry Medal.

Seriously? The only thing this accomplished was pushing the Empire over the moral event horizon so that you didn't feel bad in crushing Selvaria and Maximillian later in the game. (Although Selvaria was still a tear-jerker, so they obviously didn't suceed. )

The blatant attempt to dehumanize the Empire was also overblown.

It's rare that I come across with a story so well written that only has one glaring flaw, and so, I ask you folks:

What would you think of a story to continue the plotline of Isara, told from the (main) perspective of the Empire?

The story will not be a complete AU - rather, Isara will get (apparently) offed in a less "YES THAT'S RIGHT SHE'S ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY NEVER GOING TO COME BACK DEAD" manner, to allow for her to pop up somewhere else. Ironically, this would most likely require an additional, new protagonist, as a Darcsen Gallian wouldn't last too long in the Empire... circumstances will mean that Isara will not have a canon-breaking reintroduction into the main plotline - but, after the war, well, that's when I can let my pen/pencil/keyboard/mentalprocessors run free.

Also, I can humanize the Empire, add in some details, connect some dots, and add in some theories that could cause some serious tension after the war...

Perhaps something like this:

Spoiler for Brainstorming, this is nuts!:

... wow, that was longer than expected. Give me your thumbs up or down, suggestions, and I'll see what I can do.

And for god's sake, give me a NAME for this chap.
That sounds pretty awesome actually, I don't really like the idea of Isara dying, I think a lot of us don't really feel the point of it. So I think this will be great to at least made me feel better.

Your concepts look interesting and did you check out the DLC contents? It adds a bit more side story to Selvaria and Johann, which I think is a pretty interesting character.

As for the names..I am not really good with names, but Imperial name are somewhat Germanic/Eastern European names from the squad list in DLC..although they do have English sounding names like Eugen Evens.
cloner4000 is offline   Reply With Quote