View Single Post
Old 2012-07-23, 20:47   Link #974
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

@Saishy

I think what Phibrizzo meant is that the entire magic system in general is rather complicated, and why I think this is because it doesn't follow the tradition system set by fantasy games (I'll argue that even Negima follows this system).

Kamachi talked about this in the Afterword of his very first volume. He wanted to do something different-

Quote:
The magicians in RPGs and such that can create balls of fire or revive the dead at the cost of some MP are quite convenient, because the term “magic” lets them do whatever they want. But (for the sake of argument) let’s assume magic actually existed. What kinds of people used magic throughout history? What kinds of rules exist behind the term "magic"? This all started when I typed “magician” and “actually exist” into a search engine in an attempt to answer those questions.

It came up with things like “how to control a black cat with silver vine powder” and “voodoo witch doctors used fugu poison to create zombies that had a state of apparent death”. I got interested when I realized that the workings of the occult seemed an awful lot like science.

Dengeki Bunko’s light novels treat magic like it's normal, so I thought that a novel that went deeper into the idea of magic might be a new idea.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote