Thread: Licensed Vivid Red Operation
View Single Post
Old 2013-03-01, 23:04   Link #1425
Grand Phoenix
The Master of Turkeys

I thought the episode had a good atmospheric balance throughout, between the girls coping with Akane being out of commission and then working together to plant the bomb inside the Alone. Their friendship reminds me of the Sailor Senshi and how everyone else that was Tsukino Usagi was close to their Princess. Akane/Usagi are the glue that holds the Vivid Team/Senshi together, and they are what inspire the others to press on in spite of the situation they're in.

While I'm starting to wonder when HomuRei is ever going to find out the opposition she's fighting is standing right in front of her, my reason for that is she's too focused on ramping up the Alones' power to put two and two together and go WTF at the realization.

Her talk with Aoi left me feeling uneasy. I can see Akane forgiving her for causing them so much trouble, but supporting Rei on her campaign to destroy the current world to bring back the parallel world? "Do your best", indeed; Rei's going to need a friggin' miracle for that to happen.

Oh, and let's compound that with the Dreaded Crow-Kun putting her through another round of the You Failed Again, Suffer For Your Incompetence torture session. That's what I believe caused Rei to have that breakdown. (I can also imagine her breaking character for a few minutes screaming a litany of curses taken directly from Telltale's The Walking Dead.)
Grand Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote