View Single Post
Old 2008-12-18, 11:38   Link #79
blottyparchment

I didn't want to join in the fray but...

Wondering why 2ch has been quiet? It's because 2ch rurukare fans don't clamor so much because they're already in a state of blissful satisfaction, though the rurukare thread there still has to battle the occasional troll.

Here is the scan of that NT booklet:

Spoiler for size:

Credit goes to pink-chan

(Btw, gomen ne, pink-chan, for posting this. I cropped part of it and resized it to 50%.)

And the exact description of the kiss is:

最初で最後の口づけを交わし、ルルーシュに決別に告げるカレン。
Sharing the first and last kiss, Kallen bids Lelouch farwell.

If we want to go literal here, it says,
Exchanging the last kiss at the first, Kallen tells Lelouch farewell.

Whoa, that just sounds weird.

Geez. Didn't know that talking about it in private would lead to this eruption of Mt. Pinatubo. dec mentioned it to me, so I tried to look it up on the net and I got several Cold Mountain posters with Jude Law and Nicole Kidman lips to lips on the front and some torrid *blip*. Traumatizing, really. I read some japanese blogs to see the context in which it was used and read some interesting things like, 'after exchanging kisses, they understood their feelings for each other', 'they exchanged a passionate kiss', and what else. So then, I wondered about the actual usage of the line and asked Lie about it. There are implications as to the meaning of the line. Lie already gave them a page back. Whether you believe those or not (was it a mutual kiss or not?) is up to you.

The fastest way to describe a kiss is simply to say it is a kiss, right? Either, the NT booklet was just going for some fancy, descriptive way of rephrasing it, (goodness knows how many times the word 'kiss' has been reiterated), or it wanted to convey a message.

The description is an affirmation of what others have been getting at/to, really. Just like how it's a culmination of Kallen's (and possibly Lelouch's) realizations, this is also a culmination of the search for missing pieces of the puzzle for some people. So others may be in the festive mood and feel like shout out their joy or others might just be like hens cooing peacefully in blissful satisfaction.
(This kiss, btw, has been considered by Murata the continuation of Turn 7's not kiss.)

As for other implications of a romantic nature, you won't find much. From Murata and Yoshino's interview in the NT booklet, we get:
C.C. - will continue to act as an observer (Turn 24)
Shirley - understood Lelouch's feelings and intentions in her own terms (Turn 13)
Kallen - heartbreak everywhere >.< (Turn 19, 22...)

Last edited by blottyparchment; 2008-12-18 at 12:13.