Thread: Licensed Rosario+Vampire Manga
View Single Post
Old 2008-06-22, 04:40   Link #1252
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magin View Post
Well, her power is one of the signatures of this story... and if you look through SII, you'll see that she isn't quite as powerful as she appears, in two instances

1) When taking on that Dorian monster, she used a kick to break out with Tsukune, but it treated that kick like a scratch, and thus all the girls took it down

2) This one is a little more loosely based, but during the doppleganger battle, it was implied that only because he took so much damage from all attacks was the kick able to take him down. In other words, had InnerMoka faced him at 100% strength and health, she may have needed quite a few attacks to beat this guy.

although i think the anime has shown she's also weak in some areas. When fighting berserk Ruby (as I call it), no matter how many times she used her kick, it wasn't until she hit the magic wand did Ruby fall (and dammit, that's another instance of just how far the two mediums strayed). This battle also showed one other thing (and it may be an anime-only deal)- you'll notice that she only ever uses her kicks. Does this mean that when it comes to battling, she has no fighting ability with her arms? Though it was shown that she does still have great strength (hauling up mizore and tsukune... why did the anime do this to us?T_T), her arms have never been used in a fight, and I don't think it's because they're too powerful, but instead because she has no idea how to fight using her upper body. When Ruby bound her by her legs, she was quite useless.

So while in many instances it seems she's extremely strong, there's recent proof that she still has her weaknesses (and we're not talking about water here either)

and as a side speculation, though i think this may have been brought up before: Give Tsukune some training in Vamp mode (though how he'd been kept under control is another matter) so that he actually have more than just extremely powerful punches, could he and Moka be the Ultimate Tag Team, with his (close to) unstoppable punches and her (near) unstoppable kicks, I think that many a creature would fear these two working together
Don't forget her most important weakness even though it doesn't necessarily refer to fighting. Being a Tsundere she suffers most from her supressed feelings so her greatest weakness are rather of emotional and psychological nature which sometimes can get her into trouble for example when she wants to protect others without putting them in danger denying their help. (especially Tsukune of course)
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote