View Single Post
Old 2009-06-23, 03:07   Link #8
dnab
anime berkeley

I sense that the Mods (the good, sincere people of infinite wisdom) had trouble herding the certain troublesome elements of the Haruhi board into any pre-existing threads that they can do least damage, so they created this "delinquent homeroom" where we can spoil each other to death without collateral damages. Yes we may be antisocial, smoking early, and not getting into any 3rd rate colleges, but damn we're cool people.

Let me stray back into topic so I don't get called into detention. We might get a better handle of the slider-girl if we can surmise the time-dimensional-theory of the Haruhi-verse. This is all speculation, of course, until Tanigawa spells it out later. Lets suppose Mikuru and Fujiwara each came from a mutually exclusive future (of which the existence depended on Kyon's choice for mate), they may be considered parallel universe with each other but they at least have a common past, so the futurist restrictions in the present applies (no direct intervention with fore knowledge allowed; only verbal influence or actions through ignorance).

What if there exists a parallel universe which, though similar with the one here, intersects no point at anytime. Then sliders may act with fore knowledge (like jumping into different futures, check out which one she likes, and jump back to affect the present) without the paradox restrictions.

IF the speculation holds, and I'd be surprised if it does, then this is how the story will pan out: One universe where the phone intervention did not occur will lead to the destruction of SOS. And since the slider-girl finds SOS so interesting, besides being called forth by Haruhi, she decides to join. Who knows, she might be joining simply because she digs Kyon.

Did anyone mention that this is a Harem story disguised as sci-fi teen comedy?