View Single Post
Old 2013-01-27, 21:40   Link #31788
haguruma

Send a message via ICQ to haguruma Send a message via MSN to haguruma
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjblue1 View Post
So Tohya, who wrote the draft for Banquet as he's the one in charge of the drafts, knew Eva wasn't the culprit but PieceBattler and MetaBattler were fooled into believing she was.
And this is where it becomes inconsistent, either because of narrative inconsistency or because your theory does not work in it's entirety. I at least think I remember you being in the team saying that Meta!Battler was a representation of Touya's struggle.
Now if you say that Meta!Battler was fooled into believing she was the culprit and only ripped out of it by Ange's appearance, this would have to be the same for Touya. If Touya knew about Eva not being guilty, then Touya=/=Meta!Battler.

Now we could of course question how it was possible to create a Yasu-culprit applicable plot while not knowing the solution, but I'd argue that it was Prime!Battler's submerged memory which led Touya to create a plot like this. He knew subconsciously what the actual answer is, but did not have the actual power to work towards it.
Though on the other hand you could of course advocate Yasu!Ikuko here and say that she wrote a story around Touya's draft which contained the solution she wanted (Beato!Culprit).

And then there are the hints in EP8 which make you assume that Prime!Battler and Eva actually conspired in creating the Eva!Culprit theory, which was impossible to proof but at least put a lid on the tragedy.

Quote:
This would make Tohya the 'gamemaster' and place him in a position completely different by Meta & Piece Battler.
But he is not.
The GM of EP1-4 is Beatrice, EP5 has Lambda, EP6 has Meta!Battler, EP7 has none and EP8 again has Meta!Battler. This is what is given to us in the narrative and doubting it on such a basic level only disables us to reach common ground.

If you'd argue that Touya=GM, then Touya=Beatrice, which would either mean Touya=Culprit or Touya=Beatrice=Battler or both.
haguruma is offline   Reply With Quote