View Single Post
Old 2007-09-04, 22:13   Link #88
Major1138

Wow. Just wow. This whole series is like a train wreck - you just can't not watch, even though virtually the entire cast is dislikeable to one degree or another. The series producers deserve full props for that.

Poor Kotonoha. I think the girl has completely snapped now. I'm not exactly sure what Setsuna is thinking with her proposed "deal" with Makoto, but I'm not entirely convinced she's only doing it for Sekai. Taisuke is a tool. Makoto is in deep trouble now. So far, he's managed to stay one step ahead of everyone else, and has yet to face the consequences of what he's done (not that everyone else is 100% blameless, but he's someone managed to avoid any direct repercussions so far), but there's no way that can continue.

Although the scene with Sekai and Kotonoha on the bridge heavily implies a particular outcome, I don't think it's going to play out like that - Kotonoha already knows Makoto's been fooling around with Sekai, and she thinks that Setsuna is doing so as well behind both their backs. I still haven't decided though if the knives are a giant red herring (as well as being a nod to the game) or whether things will play out the way everyone seems to think they will.

That being said, there's no way this has a happy ending now. Bittersweet is the best one can hope for. I haven't played the game (although the notorious endings are pretty easy to find), but I'm beginning to think that there the series will have an original ending. I just can't see them fitting in one of the game endings straight-up. They might borrow elements and use them together, but that's about the extent of it.