View Single Post
Old 2009-07-27, 21:40   Link #1297
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post

From where do you get the feeling that anyone wanted to give it a shot? It hardly seems to be supported by the show save for a few odd characters like Shinn.
When they were showing the reactions of various groups of people to Dullindal's plan, the general reaction (aside from the exceptions I listed) struck me as one of shock and awe. The sheer magnitude (or at least the sheer perceived magnitude) of Dullindal's plan left many in surprise.

I don't recall anybody (outside of the those already anti-Dullindal) saying immediately after Dullindal released his plan - "Wow, what an awful plan! This guy has to be stopped!". Heck, even our Atlantic Federation George W. Bush stand-in was taking time to reason it out...

People were clearly in awe of the Destiny Plan, and stepping back for a second to try to take it all in, and come to a calm reasoned out assessment of it.

Of course, the actions of both sides - Dullindal's side and Kira/Lacus' side - was so quick and furious in taking military action in the immediate aftermath of Dullindal revealing his plan that nobody not already solidly pro or con the plan had enough time to come to a personal conclusion on it. Who knows what the millions - or the billions - of people would have decided?

What we do know is that Dullindal had become Obama-esque in his popularity through out the world for taking down Blue Cosmos after successfully getting almost everybody to believe that Blue Cosmos was like a conspiracy theorist's wet dream conception of the Illuminati. Given the weight of that popularity behind Dullindal, I can see a lot of people eventually going along with him when it came to the Destiny Plan.
Triple_R is offline   Reply With Quote