View Single Post
Old 2012-06-26, 12:43   Link #103
Revolutionist
Puppet Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skye629 View Post

Also for "any rational thinking" you seem to be forgetting the fact that everybody rationalizes these things differently based on their values beliefs and setting etc (For examples we hate suicide bombers in the middle east yet to those ppl its one of the highest acts of faith to their god)
This statement is completely false. The people of the ME hate suicide bombers as much as the rest of normal human beings. The only ones who see it in that light are the twisted fucks using religion to further their own political and personal agenda, and the poor idiot stupid enough to blow himself up and kill innocents because "god" told him so. The Quran does not condone violence, or murder, and it says that killing one innocent is as bad as killing thousands, even god himself. But, like the Bible, it has parts that can be interpreted a certain way to mean something. That's the issue with religion and not just ME religion, but all religion in general. If God is good, and wants you to do good, then how can you do evil in his name? It doesn't take a genius to figure out.
00 portrayed this perfectly in S1 with Setsuna, Ali and the whole Azadistan arch...You'd be surprised how many christians would fall for this were some sick mind to tell them to go out and murder people and suicide to kill. This is the main issue with religion, it teaches people to act like sheep. the thinking and moral compass does not depend on the person, but rather god. You think like god/allah/jehova, etc wants you to think, and you do what he tells you. If he says is fine then it doesn't matter if what you're doing is fucked up because god ordered it. It's all very irrational and honestly, quite stupid.