View Single Post
Old 2007-09-03, 18:51   Link #51
Gundam Zero Force

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
Yes you are right, changes can be exciting but I think gundam hasn't change from the "heroic-godly" type for so long.

And let's lay off the technological stuff from now. Another thing (rant) i have found about gundam is the pilots' age. Kira was 16 in GS and 18 in GSD, all 5 of the W pilots were 15/16. Garrod is 15 (?) Usso was literally a kid... Judau was 14! Domon, suprisingly, in one of the wackiest series was 20. The main char. in 00 is 16 i believe.

My point is, most of them aren't even old enough to legally drive a car can pilot gundams, and destroy a bunch of adults in their prime. I know some of them have super human abilities (NT, Coordinator) and their MS may be better at some point, but come on... Couldn't they just raise their age by 3-5 years at least?

I not saying I hate gundam, and that i want to pick out every failure possible. Look at it as a suggestion.
lol, yeah I get what you mean about the age deal. While in most of the series they never make a big deal out of I can't beleive half the time they are that age I mean really, the first time I saw Gundam Wing I never would have thought they were that young (until they said so). The Gundam pilos looked a lot older than 16 and very smart as well. The same goes for Seed. I don't understand why they must make them be THAT young. If they said Kira was 23 or something instead of 16 I would find that more realistic to belive by way he acted, fought, and dealt with relationships.

If you think about it, Flay most likely was the most realistic character for her age, young, naive, and scared like most 16 yr olds are when it comes to a war situation. . . . . I'm not saying people who are oung are always immature or naive but considering th circumstancs in Seed it was quite different to see all of Kira's firends (including himself) so brave and almost acting smarter or older than some of the flight crew onboard the Archangel . . . . . it is just a thought but I understand your ranting about the pilot's age . . .. it is wierd. I mean when I was 16 I was pretty stupid and ignorant, even though I am now only a few years older now I have become a lot more wise since them . . .

Ok I have to be honest here, even though I know Kira and Athrun and the Gundam Wing pilots are supposed to be 16 or whatever I think I ignore that fact and make them older than they are . . .. honestly I feel all of them should be at least 21 or older by the way they act and stuff . . .
Gundam Zero Force is offline   Reply With Quote