View Single Post
Old 2007-09-03, 19:43   Link #52
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
Another thing to keep in mind is things change, this world we live in gets faster and more hungry to see new stuff. I think if they kept the Gundams at a realistic level too long it would get boring too soon. People like to see new stuff and not the same old moves again and again. It goes for anything really, whether we want it to or not stuff will change for better or worse.
That isn't necessarily true; at least not for educated viewers. Realistic combat can be quite entertaining, but the problem is that they are perceived as harder to write and to choreograph.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamachi View Post
My point is, most of them aren't even old enough to legally drive a car can pilot gundams, and destroy a bunch of adults in their prime. I know some of them have super human abilities (NT, Coordinator) and their MS may be better at some point, but come on... Couldn't they just raise their age by 3-5 years at least?
The problem is that twofold: 1) the target audience are children; 2) it's traditional for mecha pilots to be teenagers since their shows are often coming-of-age stories.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam Zero Force View Post
Ok I have to be honest here, even though I know Kira and Athrun and the Gundam Wing pilots are supposed to be 16 or whatever I think I ignore that fact and make them older than they are . . .. honestly I feel all of them should be at least 21 or older by the way they act and stuff . . .
It's quite possible (if not particularly likely) for young people to deal with highly demanding or stressful situations well. Combat is especially suited to forcing its participants to mature.