View Single Post
Old 2012-07-16, 17:14   Link #53
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
I only read about 7 or 8 chapters. Plot-wise, it's more or less the same, just some tweaks and cutting off some jokes from the banter between the characters. But from what I heard, there are some bigger changes later, such as Ai and Hime almost simultaneously appearing in the manga. In the novels, Hime debuts in v2 and Ai debuts in v3. Even though Hime is supposedly the 'main' in v2 and Ai for v3, you get plenty of Masuzu in both volumes.
Would the rearrangement really effect the plot that much? I don't it should stops events concerning either character to change from the LN, assuming that those events run independent of each other ofcourse.

Quote:
And I don't think this series will run very long, at most 10 volumes perhaps?(optimistically speaking).
Just to be clear your talking about the LN right?

Quote:
That being said, I'm not sure when I'll get to read v5. I'm still tackling SAO 10, and next will be Mahouka 6 (I switched the order because SAO is much easier to read). Hmm, then again, maybe I'll read Oreshura first after SAO since it's even easier to read.
If the Mahouka manga is anything to go by I don't blame you. lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
About the adaptations, well; it's like the most normal thing for them to cut off the humor. In fact I feel that pretty much every adaptation that I follow shafts like 50% of the jokes, specially if they have no relation with the plot and stuff. More than anything, that's just because LN are simply too massive for other medias. Heck, Papaki even got a full season dedicated to a single volume and they freaked cut some content off
Interesting, I wonder if this might explain why Nisio Isin's mangas are often so wordy. I guess habits are hard to change even when you move into a new medium.

Quote:
And lastly, the +H manga art is definitely not superior to the main series nor the LN. Characters age looks more advanced than in the other versions, and "that's cool", but the artist just has these quality down moments that are completely hideous. I mentally think that everyone is Rubber Soul and I leave it that (and yes, I had to go off with a Jojo reference )
True, but I feel the characters have too little detail to their physical features in the main manga.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote