View Single Post
Old 2007-11-12, 01:36   Link #91
d.sinclair

Another exciting installment of Slice-of-Life Shana. Huzzah, there's actually some development in this episode! Now Shana+Yoshida are...back at square one?
Honestly, though, I kind of enjoyed this one. We get some nice development going between the gang, and our beloved flame haze and Wife Material Yoshida do make some badly needed progress. It was also pretty cool seeing the "experienced onee-san" angle in Margery, but since when was she interested in anything besides getting drunk and busting Tomogara?

"I want to understand Yuuji!"
You know what? So do I. I just get the feeling when I'm watching this that the writers are conveniently shafting his character just to dig some "development" out of Shana and Yoshida. I mean, there's a limit to how dense you can get. Yoshida confessed to the guy, and he still hasn't done anything about it. They definitely skipped out on the "oh no confession awkward" scenes that should have followed, or I totally missed something in S1. It's like it never happened....
Well, whatever. I wanted to shoot myself the past two episodes but this one was strangely easy to watch.

I've been thinking about this since S1-isn't it obvious that someone likes you when they go so far as to make you a bento? Maybe it's a cultural thing that I'm totally missing out here (which I doubt), but that sort of thing never happens in American high schools, and I'm guessing it's probably at least pretty conspicuous in Japan...well, chalk another one up for Yuuji Dimwit, or should I say another example of convenience writing.