View Single Post
Old 2007-07-06, 16:11   Link #26
aquastar831
AQS-Anime

Send a message via AIM to aquastar831 Send a message via MSN to aquastar831
I voted for started a new group. AQS had started as a fan community first for Negima and a few of the sites I had created, then the scanlation team came around. When it came to the Fall 2005 list, decided to give fansubbing a shot and learn the ropes. Chose To Heart 2 TV series as our first project, and jointed with Avalon. Those guys taught pretty much the majority of us who were newbies the whole process and a lot of what we know now. Typesetting and encoding I learned on my own. Usually I try to read up or ask people in other groups what they do in order to improve quality.

Group dynamics and organization really are key in how well the group works together. For the most part, we try to keep a relaxed and "let's enjoy the series and have fun working on it" mindset. I know it's not easy for people who are students and/or have full time jobs, so we try to back each other up when someone is unable to get a task done, which is why we also rotate for example when it comes to the editors, timers, quality checkers, etc. so we don't overload people.
aquastar831 is offline   Reply With Quote