View Single Post
Old 2009-07-21, 08:46   Link #1804
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
I will just reply this comment (well, since this comment is about my post anyway)

This is not true in my opinion.

In a grand scale, Ranka is the only one who cares perspective from other ppl..in fact, she is the only one who cares the perspective from Vajra!!! Well, this is because 1)she is generally a very kind individual 2)her connection with Vajra forces her to find the truth

On the other hand, Alto and Sheryl, only care about themselves when they fight against Vajra. In a way, Alto and Sheryl treats the term "me" as MF, and "they" as Vajra..so they never think of coexistence, and coexistence is the theme in many macross series

And of course, you can't blame Alto and Sheryl, because they are only human being and they don't have the power that Ranka has..but in my opinion, Ranka is the one who starts to search coexistence between MF and Vajra...and Her immediate act to sing after getting rescued, hoping to stop the war between MF and Vajra in episode 25, is the very solid proof that she cares about others
Look, I think you just made most of my counterargument in the last part. Sheryl and Alto are only human ( well, Sheryl gets some powers in the end, yadda yadda, y'know what I mean. ). For them, the Vajra are a species of insects who are attacking Frontier without even a reason and only try to destroy humanity.

Ranka knows that there is something more to the Vajra since episode 14 ( and doesn´t care to share that with anybody else... I´ll better not follow that line of thought and will chalk it up to her disassociative amnesia ). Of course she will try to follow that up somehow, but the way she goes about it could have been much, much better. This is a wholly other can of worms over which we´ve gone extensively in the past, let´s just let it rest, or we get three pages of arguments, like back then.

For Sheryl and Alto to not care about the Vajra, though, is the natural result how the Vajra presented themselves to them and everybody else ( sans Ranka ). They are characters in a show and don´t know that one overachieving metaphor of Macross is tolerance between species.

That opens up another topic about how the Vajra were the OPFOR with the least personality in all Macross shows, but, again, we´ve gone over that topic already, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justavisitor View Post
BTW, happy b-day magnuskn??
Many thanks!