Thread: Comics!
View Single Post
Old 2003-12-12, 21:54   Link #9
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnieS
Just the alternate universe X-Men comic, "1602", with Neil Gaiman and the "JSA versus Avengers" crossover right now. I can't seem to locate backcopies of "Sandscape", so I'm missing a few issues. That's the list for now. Used to read the various X titles but not any more; my dad gave away all of my collection of comics that was at the homestead also ...
1602 kicks ass! Pretty much anything Gaiman writes kicks ass...

And the JLA/Avengers crossover's freakin' wicked! It's supposed to play into a new Crisis coming in 2004, "Idenity Crisis", which is supposed to be an Earth-shattering DC event with lasting repercussions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raikage
No one mentioned Rising Stars or Amazing Spider-man?
The current Superman/Batman makes for an interesting read as well...
I loved Rising Stars, and Strac's latest run on Amazing's been incredible! Also, the relaunch of Spectacular with Jenkins and Ramos has been nothing short of perfect. They even made Doc Ock a cool villain.

And if you're liking the Superman/Batman series now, with McGuiness and Loeb, wait'll Micheal Turner starts drawing it. Holy shit, it's gonna' rock! I saw some sketches already. He puts Jim Lee's Batman to shame. And he's doing some Flash covers, too. They're great, and the series would benefit from him coming on as a full artist.
Jack Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote